Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The American Dream


Another person has just taken part in the American Dream! This one is a lovely story too because it's a short sale and the seller's bank is Bank of America. Ugg!

My client made an offer on this house last December. We were in a back up position for a few months. The bank approved the offer in first position (an investor's offer). The investor wasn't sure he wanted the property but he was willing to sell it to my client at the price my client had offered (the other agent disclosed the price of our offer without our permission). So we knew that our offer must have been significantly more than what the investors offer was. So we withdrew our offer and the investor decided he didn't want the house. So the investor walked. My client then wrote up a new offer for $15,000 less. The listing agent submitted our offer and got an approval within a month or so but there was a big catch. Her assistant had accidentally typed the wrong names into the system and Bank of America wouldn't allow us to just fix that and move on. So we had to resubmit our offer AGAIN with the correct name. Then we get a letter from B of A saying that they weren't going to accept a short sale and they were going to sell the loan to a different company. We were in limbo for a few months and then they came back to us saying, nevermind we will do a short sale. A few months later they said they would approve our offer if my client agreed to pay $1000 more than the amount he offered. So we said "FINE". Then we went through some hell with getting his loan done and finally today we closed (one day before the deadline from the bank to close). Jim and I keep letting out big sighs of releif! Ahhhhhh! FINALLY!!!

A few days ago Jim wrote me the following email:

Rachael,

I am so glad I met you and you are helping me with everything. So far you are the only competent professional I have worked with. Not to mention the previous 9 months of hassles with Bank of America and their flakiness... America First has just screwed up more paperwork for the 3rd time and the VA appraiser is still dragging his feet. Lets hope the other people involved with the closing know how to do their jobs. I think everything is actually going to work out but I am betting they procrastinate to the max and I end up closing on the 10th. If this was my first rodeo I would be nuts by now. A short sale is definitely not something I would attempt with a first timer if I were you. I just wanted to say Thank you for being so good at your job and how happy I am to have stumbled upon you.


Sincerely,
Jim


I'm grateful that Jim stumbled upon me too! He bought an awesome house at a great price and it will be a great investment for him. The past year has all been worth it!

No comments: