Sunday, December 28, 2008

6 More Weeks

Austin left this morning to go back to Phoenix. He left at about 10 am. The girls and I were late to church so that we could see Daddy off. I was so emotional at church I couldn't teach a lesson in my primary class. So my kids just talked and played. Then in sharing time I just cried. I hated coming home to an empty house. When I pulled up to the house I looked in the backyard and the furnace vent thingy had blown off the roof. Great!

Austin is going to be gone for twice as long as he was gone last time. I really need to pull it together and get focused again. But I just feel like crying and crawling into a dark hole and hybernating for 6 weeks.

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

Hang in there, Rachael. I was an emotional wreck after the holidays when I had to go back home to a cold and almost empty apartment (the kitties were there). You're in our prayers! We love you guys!

The Taylors said...

I know how you feel. Chris and I had to be apart for a couple months last spring, and it was hard, but somehow the time passes. Just try to stay busy--that will help keep your mind off of how much you miss him.