Wednesday, November 25, 2009

6th year first kiss anniversary

Six years ago today was the first time Austin kissed me! November 25th 2003! I remember it well. We went to the dollar theater in Sugar House and they weren't playing any movies we wanted to see and so we were standing around trying to figure out what we should do instead of a movie. I guess we came to the conclusion that we should kiss. It was a real Zowie!

Today I asked Austin to hold my ring while I did some pull ups and when I was done I went to get my ring and Austin was examining it closely. When he gave it back to me he said "this ring has Rachael written all over it!" I got all teary eyed. It's crazy how my ring is so much a part of me. I remember when we went to the Shane Company I was looking for this exact ring. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. I'm so grateful that Austin and I have continued to fall in love over the years. Not to say we haven't had our rough times and looked at the exit sign a few times. But we've worked through it and I plan on keeping my wedding ring and having a hundred more kissing anniversaries every November 25th.

No comments: