Thursday, October 28, 2010

Coco Before Chanel








My most favorite perfume is Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. I just love the smell. It has such a mature smell (it kind of has a smell that seems like older ladies would wear it) and I especially love smelling it in the fall and winter cuz it smells kind of like it has a spice undertone. Well, I was looking at some used movies and I saw this Coco before Chanel and it sparked my interest and I bought it without ever seeing it. It was very interesting to learn the life of Gabrielle Chanel (nickname Coco) and how she started out as an Orphan. I absolutely love love love her style. She lived in a time of corsets and puffy hats and she would make herself very sleek and simple clothes and hats and she made her clothes for comfort. When most people would wear white or cream colors she would wear black, grey or brown. Oh, and she would make clothes that had some masculinity to them which somehow accentuated her femininity. I visually loved this movie.

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

I just watched this movie a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it! I love French movies, especially if I watch one right before I go to bed because it makes me dream in French (and my American accent disappears completely in my dreams!) :)